Cheap Faux Wood Blinds – An Alternative to Wooden Blinds?
A cheaper alternative to wooden blinds are Faux Wood blinds. They look like wooden blinds but differ from them for obvious reasons. Cheap faux wood blinds are made of vinyl or a combination of wood and vinyl. They are becoming very popular.
These cheap faux wood blinds are nearly fifteen percent cheaper than wooden blinds. Still they provide the look and feel of wooden blinds.
Cheap faux wood blinds have lot of advantages. Some of which are as follows:
* Cheap faux wood blinds provide the look and feel of wooden blinds.
* Cheap faux wood blinds cost less than wooden blinds.
* Cheap faux wood blinds last longer.
* Cheap faux wood blinds do not warp. They do not fade or crack.
* Cheap faux wood blinds do not retain moisture like wooden blinds. They are particularly good in areas where moisture is high.
* Cheap faux wood blinds are very durable.
* Cheap faux wood blinds come in various colors and tones.
* Cheap faux wood blinds also come with motorization and other options.
While cheap faux wood blinds have many advantages there are some disadvantages too.
* Are one and a half to twice heavier than wooden blinds.
* Still do not have as much options to choose from as wooden blinds.
* Require more ladders to maintain rigidity because of their flexible nature.
* Have a tendency to yellow with the passage of time.
* Have size constraints.
* Cannot be stained.
* Lack the appeal of wooden blinds.
* Cheap faux wood blinds have a tendency to sag.
What to avoid in cheap faux wood blinds?
When you are looking for cheap faux wood blinds remember the following tips:
*Avoid very cheap faux wood blinds particularly the foam blinds. These blinds are flimsy, heavy and also require lot of ladders. They require much greater effort to set up.
*Faux wood blinds with fewer ladders look much better. So go for stronger blinds which require fewer strings for support.
*Avoid cheap faux wood blinds with cloth tapes. They obstruct the view.
Which cheap faux wood blinds are the best?
Go for cheap faux wood blinds made of vinyl and wood. They are the best. You have more options choose from. Cheap faux wood blinds made of vinyl and wood are stronger too as compared to other blinds and hence require fewer ladders to set up. They are better insulators. They may cost a little more but they are certainly worth it.
Almost all the leading manufacturers produce cheap faux wood blinds. Their quality is also improving over time and cost is not the only reason for their popularity. Some famous brands are are NuWood by Levolor, Woodwinds 2 by Comfortex, Woodmates and Everwoods by Hunter Douglas and Lake Forest by Graber.
Faux wood blinds are also called alternative woods, polywood and wood-like. Whatever be the name, cheap faux wood blinds are really becoming popular because of their low cost and improving quality.