Decorating Your Home With Mirrors
Putting mirrors in your house can do wonders, especially if you have limited space, or you just want to decorate your home. Why mirrors? Because mirrors enhance light and reflection, they could help improve what your house looks like. Mirrors can also simulate depth for houses with small rooms.
I. Top 10 Mirror Tips
10. Put large-sized mirrors in your house. You could, for instance, use mirrors that could span from the floor to the ceiling. You could put these mirrors on both sides of your fireplace. This would make your fireplace room larger and would reflect objects around the room.
9. You might want to have peer mirrors in the windows. Rooms with peer mirrors could have an added depth.
8. You could also install mirrors to cover wall blemishes. This would also save you refinishing costs. Instead of spending fortunes on repainting and refurnishing that part of the wall that got burned by candle or have dirt that cannot be removed, why not put a nice mirror there to hide the wall’s scar?
7. There are also movable mirrors that you could use. You could move the mirrors from time to time to have a different view of the house. In that way, you could have a new look in your house from time to time, depending on what location and items the mirrors are reflecting on.
6. You could also use small mirrors which could reflect on interesting objects. An area with aromatic candles could be given extra prominence if reflected on a mirror.
5. You could also have mirrored screens for you to illuminate a dark corner. You do not have to put bulbs or lights in every part of your house, thanks to mirrors. This would save you electricity costs.
4. There are also place mats that are mirrored. Dishes and accessories made of glass shimmer better than non-glass ones. Shop around for these utensils.
3. Ceilings could also be enhanced with mirrors. Mirrors on the ceiling create a “skylight” effect.
2. Kitchen backsplash could also be mirrored.
1. Room ceilings are not the only ceilings where you could put some mirrors on. Even pantry or cabinet ceilings could also be placed with mirrors. Putting mirrors on these ceilings would enable you to see the contents of the upper shelves.
II. Mirror Essentials
– You could also have basement windows that could reflect things happening in the ground level. It could also reflect what is happening in your yard above.
– Putting big mirrors in rooms, especially which have limited spaces, can provide bright and spacious feel. Putting some little plants or shrubs in places where mirrors could reflect on them. Putting some greenery will give the room an uplifting and relaxing ambiance.
– Mirrors can also put personality into one’s room. The mirrors, for example, in the master’s bedroom could be more formal; while mirrors in the children’s bedroom can be decorative and fun to look at.
– You could also put a large-sized decorative mirror on a wall with your picture adjacent on it. The mirror would reflect on the large picture, and the wall’s additional darker color would immediately give the room its much-needed depth. This would make the room to be viewed wider.
– Decorative mirrors could not just help enhance your rooms for its decoration purposes. But these distinctive mirrors could also show your personality, putting your personal lifestyle and taste into your room. In addition they also give the illusion of width, length, and height. Decorative mirrors could be combined with wall pictures, with contrasting colors.
– While it is also good to use frame mirrors over a sideboard or mantle since that is the traditional kind of mirror, you might want to consider other creative approaches such as putting large-scale mirrors on a floor leaning against the wall.
– Another beautiful way adding shimmer to an otherwise plain and ordinary table is by putting mirrored table toppers.
– You could ask a professional glass worker to make you some furniture using mirrors as embellishments.Texas Real Estate Commission Information About Brokerage Services