Time for summer! Here are the top 20 pool tips to ensure all your family and friends’ safety.
* A person must learn to swim and always swim with a buddy, never swim alone.
* Swim in areas accompanied my a lifeguard.
* Be observant and read and obey all pool rules and posted signs.
* Children or beginner swimmers should wear a floatation device in and around the water.
* Set water safety rules for the entire family based on their swimming abilities.
* Become informed of the water environment you are in and its potential hazards. This may include it’s deep and shallow areas, it’s currents, etc..
* Check out the local weather conditions and forecasts prior to swimming.
* When entering the water, use a feet-first method.
* Dive only when the area is clearly marked for diving.
* Do not consume alcohol while swimming, diving or boating.
* Know how to prevent, recognize, and respond to all emergencies.
* Never, never, leave children alone next to a pool. Children are very curious individuals and may fall within a fraction of a second.
* Install a phone next the your pool area and post a 9-1-1 sign in clear view.
* Learn how to perform CPR on all individuals and post the instructions in clear view for others to refer see and learn as well.
* Wear sunscreen. Protecting your skin from UV Rays in very important.
* Drink a lot of water even if you don’t feel thirsty. This can prevent heat stroke.
* Always keep basic life saving devices near the pool, such as a rope, a pole, or a personal flotation device.
* Completely remove your pool cover before allowing anybody to enter the pool.
* Don’t leave pool furniture close to your fence, this would enable a child to climb.
* Don’t ever run near a pool, the wet ground can cause an individual to slip and fall.